Organization: Peace Dialogue NGO
Department: Peacebuilding and Gender
Position Title: Project Assistant
Location: Vanadzor, Armenia
Working hours: 20 hours per week
Application deadline: April 5, 2018
Probation period: One month
Purpose of the Job: Peace Dialogue, a non-governmental organization based in Vanadzor, Armenia, is looking for an enthusiastic, young, progressive and proactive individual to become a member of its growing team. We are looking for an assistant who will support Peacebuilding and Gender project manager in daily operations and communications.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to the Program Manager, participates in the workshops, meetings and events;
- Conducts project related meetings/initiatives, communication with program partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Supports the implementation of ongoing projects on peacebuilding and gender issues;
- Develops and maintains contact databases; organizes meetings and events;
- Helps with paper work and reporting;
- Schedules appointments and meetings and manages the calendar of local initiatives;
- Supports the program manager in producing and preparing materials, participant lists, communication, etc.
- Provides regular updates on peacebuilding and gender projects implementing in local and national level;
- Assists in preparing program related reports, presentations, memos, including the development of tables, charts, and figures;
- Works in close cooperation with local and international volunteers in the organization;
- Maintains contacts with potential beneficiaries who may be interested in peacebuilding and gender activities of the organization.
- Higher education in the fields of European Studies, Project Management, Conflict Management, Foreign Languages, Public Administration, Social Sciences or any related field;
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in project assistance or volunteering work in relevant fields as well as solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Fluency in oral Armenian and English languages, Russian language knowledge will be considered an asset ;
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills;
- Having the ability to solve problems and manage time effectively and independently;
- Being able to work in a multicultural team, meeting the deadlines;
- High computer literacy, with good knowledge of social media tools. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Willingness to work irregular hours, week-ends, when needed, and travel to the regions, with overnight paid and fully covered stay-over.
To apply for this opportunity, send a cover latter along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Ms. Armine Zakaryan, or bring them to our office at 40 apt., 12 Miasnikyan str. Vanadzor, Armenia 2002.
The deadline for submissions is April 5, 2018.
Phone: +374 (322) 21340
Cell: +374 (55) 820 632
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.