Peace Dialogue NGO invites applications for the position of Translator/Interpreter.
Submission deadline: March 9, 2018
Location: Vanadzor, Armenia
Working hours: Full time working hours (11:00-18:00). Working from home and flexible hours are acceptable.
Probation period: one month
Purpose of the Job: Edit and translate Peace Dialogue NGO’s documents and website content in English. Provide interpretation during trainings, workshops, and other special events of the organization.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Produce accurate translation of all the articles, reports and documents of the organization from English to Armenian and vice versa.
- Ensure English language correspondence with international partners of the organization.
- Translate subtitles for films and other video produced by the organization.
- Ensure accurate, quick, and clear interpretation.
- Provide consecutive translation during trainings, workshops or events.
The translator/interpreter may assist the organization’s staff during various events and workshops abroad.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics/Translation.
- Fluency in Armenian and English. Good knowledge of Russian is an asset.
- Knowledge of legal terminology. The experience of translating materials on human rights, conflict resolution, and peacebuilding will be viewed as an advantage.
- Experience and ability in working in multinational and multicultural settings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Computer and typing skills.
- Ability to complete the tasks within the required deadlines.
- Cultural and gender sensitivity.
To apply for this opportunity, please fill out the Application Form (Microsoft Word, 82 kb) and send it, along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to our office at 40 apt., 12 Miasnikyan str. Vanadzor, Armenia 2002. The deadline for submissions is March 9, 2018.
Phone: +374 (322) 21340
Cell: +374 (55) 820 632
Please note that only susccesful candidates will be contacted.